Property for sale
Required more Info
Palazzo Tosoni | Property for sale
Zone: Siena - Chiusi
Palazzo Tosoni is a historical residence that was built in the early 1600’s, near the town of Chiusi in the province of Siena. In the year 1692, as visible on the plaque of the façade, the abbot Tosoni, secretary of Pope Alexander VII, bought the residence to transform it into a haven for prayer and meditation, in one of the most beautiful places in the Val di Chiana, situated on a hill with views of Mount Cetona.
For practicing better faith, Abbot Tosoni built a small church, a jewel of traditional architecture and painting, still preserved in all its natural ways.
The villa is divided on 3 floors, with a total surface of 553sqm. The ground floor is used as the cellar and technical rooms. The first floor has been renovated with the utmost class and has antique furnishings. There are 5 bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms and a large central living area.
The second floor, which is reachable by an internal staircase, has also been renovated and is made up of a large entrance hall, salon, two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, a livable kitchen with a fireplace and pantry. All the cupboards are made of wood and the doors on the first floor were painted by a famous artist from Città della Pieve. The building is equipped with plumbing, electric and gas heating, all in accordance with the law.
The property also includes a second building that consists of a ground floor for garage use and storage, with a large wood burning oven, and a first floor with independent access from an external staircase which is used as an apartment with a kitchen and a bathroom, all measuring approximately 82sqm.
There are also two buildings used as barns that measure a total of 53sqm, which can be transformed into small living units.
The entire property is surrounded by a large park, two automatic entrance gates and stone walls. There are also large and century old trees amongst which 2 are more than 500 years old (Lebanon cedar and Oak tree). The surface area of the terrain, including the courtyards measure 16000sqm. On the property there are also two caves, one of which measures 44sqm and the other 8sqm.
To make the property particularly interesting, on a historical and cultural point of view, the presence of an Etruscan tomb (over 3000 years old), has an entrance adorned with ancient stones and has a tunnel built of brick, typical of that era, which is long 25ml.
On either side of the corridor there are niches and headstones and at the end of it there is a large water tank with a diameter of 8mt, for the collection of rainwater, which was used in ancient times for irrigation of the gardens and vegetable garden. In addition, at the foot of the old and large oak tree, there is a small ancient crypt with pavements and a vaulted ceiling with a wrought iron entrance gate. Two wells and two water collection tanks complete the irrigation system for the garden.